It’s finally here…..
Our summer ANNIVERSARY SALE is now on!
Just type the code PRINCESS18 into the discount code box at check-out for 20% OFF ALL INSOLES. The code is valid until midnight on Sunday 22ndJuly.
Fancy winning a $500 net-a-porter voucher? Just place your order and we’ll enter you into the prize drawer. Just imagine the lovely shoes you could buy with that!
Want a second chance to win? Share our sale post on Instagram or Facebook (just click the links here) with your friends and we’ll enter your name into the drawer a second time. Not to mention that your friends will love you! ;-)
Alice Bow will be supporting the wonderful charity SmartWorks again via this sale. We'll share the story of SmartWorks and our support of them with you next week.
Any questions or queries, don’t be shy. Feel free to reach out to us via at firstname.lastname@example.org or via Facebook or Instagram.
Scorching summer days are best washed down with an ice-cold gin, a glass of ice-filled Pimm’s, or, for all teetotallers, an ultra-frosty lemonade.
And – thanks to all the racket surrounding Wimbledon which is ramping the mercury to break point – it’s open season, with no “excuses” required, so let’s go play!
Whether you’re lucky enough to be hot-footing it to watch a game at centre court, or on the big screen at a boisterous sports pub or an outdoor screening, make sure to give some attention to your two besties who’ll be teaming up with you -- your FEET. After all, they’ve always supported you, so play nice!
So, with that said we have put together a few more footnotes for you below.
Let us know how it goes! x
Cool tips for happy feet in the heat:
- Rotate your shoes every day to give them a chance to dry out.
- Use a foot *scrub regularly (remembering to scrub between your toes) and antibacterial soap daily. (*Don’t use if you have broken skin or open sores.)
- Have a black tea footbath. The tannic acid kills bacteria, closes pores and helps feet sweat less. Boil three to four tea bags in two cups of water for 15 minutes. Remove the bags and dilute the tea with eight cups of water. Soak feet for 20-30 minutes. Repeat twice a day until symptoms improve.
- Add a cup of vinegar to a bowl of warm water. Soak for 15-20 minutes a day. You can also add a few drops of thyme oil which contains a strong antiseptic.
- Apply a spray-on antiperspirant to the soles of your feet. Although antiperspirant is designed for your underarms (you’re only telling me now?!), it works just as well under feet to stop sweating and odour.
- Put anti-fungal foot powder in your shoes. The cheaper and equally effective option is to use the miracle odour-absorbing powder, bicarbonate of soda. Liberally sprinkle in trainers, pumps or boots and leave on overnight, then shake out the excess powder. (Take care when using with leather shoes as frequent applications can dry them out.)
- Place dry shoes into a Ziploc or other plastic bag between the crab sticks and ice cream and leave in the freezer over night to annihilate germs. Yes, you read right. It works brilliantly!
- For tired, puffy and achy feet, pour 1/2 cup of Epsom salts into a bowl of warm water and soak for 15-20 minutes. Dry thoroughly. (Do this just before going to sleep.)
Consult your doctor before any type of foot bath if you have diabetes or a circulatory disorder – as it’s always good to get a heads up on such things.
Oh and whilst the competition is high – we thought we’d put together a fun game for you too! Share your Wimbledon pics and comments with us and stand the chance to win a set of the Alice Bow SS18 Colours by tagging us on Instagram and Facebook. Three winners will be chosen 16 July 2018!
Here’s what to do:
- Send one or more pics of your feet with Alice Bows visible in your shoes.
- Include one or two lines describing a) where you were, b) who you were with, c) your mood at the time and c) how your ABs helped get you through the day.
- Tag us on Instagram or Facebook
Game, set and match to Alice Bow – Here's to winning feet with your Alice Bows!